Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Dinner


I just had a craving for a super yummy dinner tonight, so I thought I'd try making one of my favourites, Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese. I used to love to get this from White Spot as a child and my mom makes an amazing one. Im going to lay it over white rice, but Im sure it can be made with pasta noodles of your choice.

Ingredients:

Fresh or frozen boneless, skinless, chicken breast - 1 to 2 breasts per serving... I used frozen.
4-5 cups of fresh or frozen broccoli... I used fresh, cut it into pieces
3 cups of 2%, homo milk or cream... my mom uses cream, much thicker and richer (If you used skim or 1% it will be too watery.)
1 cloves of garlic - minced
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to season
4 tbsp butter
3 cups of white rice

Heat oven to 425c.

I really just winged it... combined all the ingredients (except rice) in a casserole dish, first layer the chicken breast, then added the cut up pieces of broccoli, poured the milk/cream on top, added butter, garlic, cheeses, and then the salt and pepper. Bake for 40 mins depending on your ovens temperature... you can check at about 30 minutes to see if the chicken is cooked as you may have more than I did, I made 5 pieces, and then flip the chicken and stir up the broccoli to make sure all gets covered in the milk.

Cook the rice separately, once the rest is done baking put it on top of your rice or noodles.
And enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment